Jun 5, 2013

Raspberry banana popsicle

No one wanted to eat the bananas I bought. 

I added a couple to a rhubarb cake and there were still four left. Four very ripe bananas...and silicon ice cream molds that I got lately. And it seems like anything I put it in them, Hania will eat. Home made popsicle on a stick you can have on your sofa watching cartoons. Hard to beat!

Four bananas and half a bag of frozen raspberries. I wanted to drink it all before I poured it in the forms. Delicious! No sugar, no additional flavoring. Thanks to sweet bananas and refreshing raspberries. Anything will taste less sweet (or salty) when cooled and even less when frozen. So, I wanted to be sure my dessert tasted rich enough before I put it in the freezer. I have nothing against sugar...if necessary.


I filled six ice cream molds and the rest of the fruit puree, I poured into an ice tray. So, we had refreshing candies and popsicles ready to be used on a hot day. Or any day. It hasn't been hot lately but our frozen goodies are gone. Time to make some more.


Recipe by me
time: 10 min preparation + 8 hr inactive


ingredients

  • 4 small ripe bananas, diced
  • 250 g frozen raspberries

instructions
  1. In a food processor with a steel blade, blend all the fruit together. Pour the puree into ice cream forms or an ice tray. You can also pour it into a small plastic cup and insert a wooden stick from an ice cream you ate. 
  2. Wait at least 8 hours for dessert to get solid. For easier un-molding, treat the from with some hot water for a moment. Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment